Monday, March 7, 2016

Mirrors on the wall often lie
I'm not perfect
I'm not there yet.
I have twins, loving parents, husband, work that I love,
a beautiful house on the bay,
Vacation on exotic islands
But I'm not there yet.

My neighbors splurge on LV
I only have Burberry
As if I have all the time in the world,
To hear housewives nag in the middle of my work.
I can't hang up,
I can't say shut the fuck up.

I pay my taxes
I wake at 4 am.
My mortgages are up to date
I'm at boot camp at 5 am.
My loans are all sorted out
I'm at work at 6:30 am.
I climb the stairs. I walk.
I quit sugar. I only eat healthy stuff.
But I'm not perfect. I'm not there yet.
I have that extra .4 pounds.

My buffet menu is elaborate
I decorate birthdays myself.
I want everything to be perfect.
That little kid just scratched my brand new bench.
Mrs X is packing left overs for everyone else.
I've more invitations to attend.
Potlucks, Housewarming gifts, another baby shower event.

My kids should get in Ivy League schools.
I'm worried to death.
I can't sleep. Maybe I should send them to private schools to graduate.
Yes they are just four.
But there is no harm planning early.

Mrs Z invited over to show off her new chaise.
Mr J flaunts his corvette.
My Facebook walls floods with husbands flaunting their wive's success.
Have I made it?
Perhaps not.
I hear nobody singing odes to my beauty or my success.
Haven't I done enough to deserve some envious green flashes.
I hate that middle age married bitch
Flirting and showing off.
I can't wear sleeveless, I can't show off enough cleavage.
I can't be stingy, I can't brag. 
shamelessly put up status on my wall, beat my own drums, shoot some down and put a crown on my head.

My friends say I have it all,
They say I'm glowing
My kids are the cutest.
My husband and I have the best couple shots.
I'm adored. I have the perfect body & health.
I turned 37 today
But I know for sure I am not perfect.
I know I'm definitely not there yet.

No comments: