Wednesday, March 30, 2016



I'm draped in 6 yards of fabric, It wraps around my body that I hated when it grew, Attracting unwanted hands that crawled all over it,
Hands that I could chop off if it touched me again, if only someone believed what they did to me then. I love all these fabrics that wraps around my body, I own them, cherish them, desire them, I handpicked each of them, I worked for them, I admire those who admire them more than my body. My body transforms into them, As these fabrics transformed in the intricate fingers of men who touched them delicately, Designed them to perfection, Crafted with backbreaking sweat and love, Men who loved their women and the woman in them. I like it better when I wrap around you the way a saree wraps around me, My whole 6 yards on your 6 ft body, Soft music in the background, No phone calls from your mum or voice msg to interrupt, No complaints or honks from curious onlookers, Just bliss like sunshine glowing on the snows of Calgary in our backyard, When I'm baked in the sun, And the sobriety of miles of mountains that brings happy tears out of me. I would happily weave through your hair to put you to sleep, I'll be the perfect host to your friends - my enemies, Crack jokes, fight over remote control, resist your desire to make love in the middle of the night, Watch crime patrol and slurp on tall dark men, I'll say prayers and blow air all over you but let's not do all that I know you want me to. I know you love my body and all of me, My whims, my mood swings, my breasts, my hips, My skin that melts on your tall hard grip. Burns I cause you, insults I infer, wounds of my words that tears through your heart. I see through your thick glasses Your yearnings, protests, submission, defense. Your poker face doesn't fool me I can see your eyes undo the drapes off me. The world isn't just, I cry out when I can, In cubbies in the bathroom, Or in chat room with friends. My body was taken away from me I want it back And not just to drape it with hundred of yards of fabric I have stacked

No comments: