Monday, March 7, 2016

A list of to dos incomplete
You and I both disagreed
I've been thinking to call it quits
But both of us want to linger it.

I know your smile when it's just fake
I rub your shoulder to keep awake.
You rolled over my robe sleeping dead,
Just when I was leaving the bed.

I waited on the promises made,
They came too late - I moved ahead.
I fly alone on holidays,
A seat in tour buses is all it takes.

The reverse camera takes average frames,
Shoes and backpack claim I'm there
Strangers ask me if I'm alone,
I pass their queries in soft tones.

I wake in big hotel room alone
The morning prayer calls me at dawn.
The window brings in smells of sea
View of old city with breakfast tea.

Silence wakes my soul from sleep
A hungry nomad craves in me.
I'll be back soon in life of routine
Walls of prison, bubbles within.

I'll come home to sleep with your snores,
In my dreams I'll dive alone.

No comments: