Monday, February 20, 2017

Desperation

If you won’t love me awake and alive
I’ll lie down next to your sleeping corpse
And hug you to feel loved,
As every light dims in the dark.

I will imagine you to be the one
That used to make me laugh,
Get me high, make me come
On and on the whole night.
I’ll run my fingers on your skin
On your soft furry body hair,
Your rough long ponytail.

I’ll hear your breath
Count your turns and toss
And wait until you accidentally
Turn back to give me a hug back
Take my arms around you to keep you warm
And surrender with all your guards down,
Your wounds open wide
Allowing me to heal to let you feel
How deep, invisible, divisive our cuts have become
And I’ll whisper in your ears
Summon the demons to put yours to rest,
To wake up to another day
Not remembering any of this
To start again, again and again.   

No comments: